Terms and Conditions
Use of the services of Muddy Puddles Dorset will be deemed acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
- An initial introductory meeting will happen with the client to ensure the client and the Muddy Puddles Dorset animal carer are happy to proceed with the booking.
- The Muddy Puddles Dorset animal carer will take the client through relevant forms about the animal(s) to be completed and signed to confirm all information is correct. The booking will not be accepted if all relevant forms have not been completed and signed by the client.
- If the Muddy Puddles Dorset animal carer or the client does not want to continue with the booking they must inform either party within 24 hours of the initial visit.
- Any bookings cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged at 100% of the total booking charge. This includes extreme weather, eg snow or floods – if the booking is cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice and the Muddy Puddles Dorset animal carer can still get to the property, 100% of the total booking charge will still apply.
- There is a late booking fee of £5 for any booking required to start either today or tomorrow from time of enquiry.
- In the event the Muddy Puddles Dorset animal carer is en route to or has arrived at the booking, or the client returns early during a booking, the fee must be paid in full by the client.
- Once confirmed the booking will be undertaken by a Muddy Puddles Dorset animal carer unless in exceptional circumstances such as illness, injury, bereavement, exceptional weather etc.
- In the unlikely case the Muddy Puddles Dorset animal carer is forced to cancel a booking once it has been confirmed, a full refund will be given if a replacement carer cannot be found.
- Without written permission for off lead walking from the owner and at the discretion of the Muddy Puddles Dorset carer, all dogs will be walked on a lead.
- House and small holdings sittings – unless otherwise arranged any dogs will be walked for at least half an hour twice a day. Any animals will not be left for more than 4 hours at a time, unless agreed otherwise with the client.
- A daily subsistence allowance for the Muddy Puddles animal carer is included in the price for all house and small holdings sittings.
- The client should undertake to advise Muddy Puddles Dorset of any extension or change in booking dates to avoid inconvenience to our other clients.
- Regular weekly bookings require full settlement monthly in advance at the time of the first booking and then monthly in advance on the last day of the month before services thereafter.
- One off bookings will require full settlement 7 days prior to the job commencing.
- House sitting, smallholding sitting and pet boarding bookings require a non refundable 50% deposit to secure the booking and full settlement 7 days prior to the start of the job.
- Late payment or non payment can render the booking liable to cancellation without notice and without liability on the part of Muddy Puddles Dorset.
- All work is undertaken to the specifications and requirements of the client’s individual needs.
- It is understood that house sitting and small holding sitting may include the care of more than one animal as well as the care of the garden(s), house plants, light housework, house maintenance, paddock maintenance, stable management etc to be agreed with the client at the time of the booking.
- Muddy Puddles Dorset does not accept liability for loss or injury of pets in our care.
- Should any animal in the care of Muddy Puddles Dorset become ill or injured and require veterinary assistance, the veterinary bill should be paid in full by the owner either direct to the vet or to Muddy Puddles Dorset, whichever is appropriate.